VWBPE Post-conference: Virtual World Explorations – 2015
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.
~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
In the community of educators that comprise VWBPE, there are those who leave trails for others to follow. Since 2009, these educational leaders have been creating environments to meet the needs of their students, utilising World of Warcraft, Minecraft, OpenSim, Kitely, Unity 3D, CloudParty, Club Penguin, AvayaLive and Quest Atlantis, and of course sims and builds in Second Life.
Explorations – our post-conference virtual tours – begin at the crossroads of learning and collaboration. The virtual tours have historically generated the greatest excitement in the spirit of inspiration and sharing, and with the use of social media, participants will be encouraged to share information, thoughts and impressions while on the tours.
We extend this invitation to you, our fearless educational leaders, to share your visions of education far beyond the traditional classroom setting. Meet at the crossroads to inspire your colleagues and build this great community of explorers in the quest for excellence in immersive learning.
Completed submissions must be received by 27 February 2015.
Post-conference VWBPE Virtual World Explorations submissions must include the following:
- Approximate duration of tour and preferred day and time. Select a date and time, along with an alternative, from between 23 March and 11 April 2015 (exclusive of Easter weekend – 03 – 06 April). Keep in mind that depending on the number of proposals submitted and accepted, the first date selection may be unavailable.
- Length of tour: Exploration tours should be a minimum of 1 hour, maximum of 2 hours.
- Information on how to access your location. Depending on where this will occur, this information may include some or all of the following:
- How to create an account
- Special downloads or plugins needed
- How to be granted temporary access, if area is restricted
- How to find your location or teleport to the area
- Planned activities for tour participants. Include possible questions for discussion during the tour.
- Willing and prepared to work with VWBPE virtual tour organizers in preparing your tour activities and information prior to the start of the conference.
- Primary contact information.
To submit your virtual tour for consideration, click the button below.
Each submission will be reviewed by the virtual tour organisers based on the above criteria. Additional information or clarification may be requested before acceptance.
If your submission to the Post-conference VWBPE Virtual World Explorations is accepted, you will be notified by 06 March 2015. It is important that the primary contact be available to work with the tour organizers to finalize details.
The Post-conference VWBPE Virtual World Explorations schedule will be published by 11 March 2015.
Information about the tours and locations will be highlighted on the VWBPE website and social media accounts, as well as during the conference.
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT: We would like to thank Jurgen Kappen and Ka:Media for providing the MOOC platform for the past two years.