The Virtual Worlds Best Practices in Education Conference invites exhibitors to submit their application for exhibition space in our main virtual venue in Second Life. Exhibition space provides an opportunity to display and promote your products or services in 3D. Applications are open until January 31st, 2016 for an exhibitor space.
Spaces are limited and will be provided on a first come, first served basis with priority being given to educators, community organizations, and non-profits.
How to Request an Exhibit Plot
There are a limited number of exhibit plots available.
- 22 Sponsor Plots (Gold, Silver, or Bronze level only)
- 45 Exhibit Plots (general interest)
- All exhibit plots are on a first come, first serve basis.
- If you have any special requests (i.e. being located next to other exhibitors, etc) please include this in your proposal
- Requests for educational or information use will supersede other requests
- Requests for an exhibit plot can be submitted for committee-review up to and including January 31st, 2016.
- Exhibit requests should be approved or rejected within 2 weeks of the final submission deadline.
To request your exhibit plot, Login to the proposal submission portal and complete a Creative Track proposal.
Your submission should include a description of purpose of your exhibit, as well as how it connects to the track you have selected.
- Exhibit Areas are 20m x 20m
- Maximum Height Allowance is 20m
- Maximum prim allowance is 140 prims
- All exhibit areas are rated Mature – No adult content permitted
- Mesh objects are allowed so long as they fit within the object count
- No Terraforming allowed
- Please Avoid Physical objects where possible (Phantom is preferred)
- Builds cannot overhang into other parcels
- Please limit use of scripts
- Please do not use old megaprims
- No listening or scanning scripts
- No selling
- Tip jars are allowed; however, active solicitations for tips or donations are not
- Audio should not be allowed to bleed over from the exhibit area to the general areas of the sim
- Feb 3: Notification of Exhibitor Status (no later than)
- Feb 11: Final Opportunity to request special consideration
- Feb 12: Final Parcel Assignment (no changes after this date)
- Feb 19: Regions Open to Exhibitors for building
- Mar 2: Final inspection of regions (Start)
- Mar 6: All exhibits to be completed final inspection
- Mar 07: Exhibits open to public
- Mar 28: Tear down
- Mar 31: Regions taken offline.
Note that any exhibit parcel not built out and inspected by 9pm PST March 6th will be pulled from the conference.