Host: Cindy Bolero
Description: CERTsimulator (Beta) is an immersive multi-user online 3D disaster management training and practice platform. It is designed to utilize the FEMA Incident Command System (ICS), and for post Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Basic Training. It is a supplemental to real life field exercises. Besides collaborative team work within the 3D environments, the platform also serves as a presentation tool and as a small or large-scale conference venue.
Participants will learn of the advantages and challenges regarding special-use design.
Access and location:
This tour will be on a public grid (PG), and not on CERTsimulator’s private server. The environments are exactly the same, but the interface has more features and destinations that accompany the public grid. While this virtual world does run on web browsers, but is more full featured with a client player download.
1. Start here to create an account: https://sine.space/signup/refer/MjEwNjM3NA
2. Download the client player, AFTER creating account at Step 1 – https://sine.space/download
3. Install and launch the SineSpace client player
4. Enter Username & Password
5. Upon arriving in the Community Welcome Area, find either the Explore button (Lower left) or Search field (Top)
6. Enter “CERTsim Gateway” to find the CERTsim gateway region. Select Enter from Search results, to teleport.
Notes about Windows & Mac:
Because the platform is in Beta, some Window’s users may get a potential virus notice upon install. Not to worry. Its just automated response and there is no threat. For Mac users, the install is painless, but some inworld features like webpage screens and video viewers inworld may not work.
Accessibility: text chat