Presenter: Beth Ritter-Guth (Desideria Stockton, SL). Union County College
Description: Literature Alive! has been in SL for 10 years. Having created and built more than 80 literary simulations, LA! was the first Open Educational Resource initiative on the grid. This interactive presentation will demonstrate the power of learning literature in an immersive environment. By the end of the presentation, participants will
- have a great understanding of the successes and challenges of teaching literature in Second Life.
- experience immersive literature by engaging in classroom examples.
Access: See the conference website for information about creating a Second Life account. Either SL or Firestorm viewers are recommended.
This venue will be available for individual exploration after the presentation (see below). Be sure to join the VWBPE 2017 Passport to the Metaverse Rezzly Quest: https://vwbpe.org/conference/vwbpe-2017-passport-registration
Here are Literature Alive! locations that are available for self-exploration:
- Beowulf: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lingnan%20Drama%20Island/192/195/30
- King Arthur’s Court: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Lingnan%20Drama%20Island/148/164/24
- Get Scrooged! (partner): http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/HKU%20Education%20Island/66/104/761